ALA Video Round Table
The Video Round Table (VRT, website):
- Provides leadership within the American Library Association (ALA) on all issues related to video collections, programs, and services in libraries.
- Supports video advocacy within ALA, within the profession, and within our libraries.
- Will work with other organizations within ALA to promote video collections and services in all types of libraries.
We understand ‘video’ to include all formats, analog and digital; multimedia that includes video content; and the network delivery of digital or digitized video.
The Video Round Table is committed to forging strong alliances and relationships with the film and video production and distribution community to ensure the continuation of a diverse, high-quality universe of video programming.
- VRT at ALA Conferences
- VRT Virtual Meetings - Schedules, notes, and agendas for VRT Executive Board holds meetings every other month in Skype.
VRT Committee & Groups
- Executive Committee
- VRT Manual Special Sub Committee
- Membership Committee
- Nominating Committee 2009-2010
- Communications Committee
- 2009 Program Committee
- 2010 Program Committee
- 2011 Program Committee
- 2009 Gala Committee
- 2010 Gala Committee
- Bylaws Committee
- Notable Videos for Adults Committee
- Digital Media Resources Discussion Group
- Multimedia Production Discussion Group
- VRT Best Practices for Fair Use and Video Working Group
- VRT Special Committee: Picturing America Working Group
Minutes from the Executive Committee's face-to-face meetings at conferences can be found on our Executive Committee page. Minutes from the Executive Committee's virtual meetings can be found on our Virtual Meetings page.
Resources for Media Librarians
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.