VRT Special Committeee: Picturing America Working Group
Statement of Purpose
Provided the ALA Public Programs Office with film recommendations to be included in a project by the National Endowment for the Humanities called "Picturing America." Through this program, about 60,000 schools and public libraries have received a core collection of American artwork - reproductions of 40 classic images. This special project was completed in January, 2010.
- Monique Threatt (chair), Head, Media & Reserve Services, Herman B Wells Library, Indiana University.
- Lindsay Anglin, Information Architect, Cisco Systems.
- Linda Brus, Graduate of Wayne State University, MLIS
- Nora Dimmock, Head, Multimedia Center, University of Rochester Libraries
- Meghann Matwichuk, Associate Librarian, Instructional Media Collection Department, Univ. of DE Library
- Danette Pachtner, Film and Video Librarian, Duke University
- Picturing America: African Americans
- Compiled by Monique Threatt
- Picturing America: American Indians
- Compiled by Meghann Matwichuk
- Picturing America: Artists
- Compiled by individual VRT members
- Picturing America: Founding Fathers
- Compiled by Danette Pachtner
- Picturing America: Heroism
- Compiled by Lindsay Anglin
- Picturing America: Industrialization
- Compiled by Nora Dimmock
- Picturing America: Railroads
- Compiled by Linda Brus